SPH Marketing Case Studies
Business-to-Business Marketing Case Study
Overview: Fortune 500 Technology Company providing business office
Challenge: Identifying business decision makers on specific office equipment
lines, qualifying and securing productive face-to-face sales demonstrations and
sales meetings throughout the United States.
Solution: Looked to SPH Marketing to set up a test program in 2004 that
continues to grow and thrive today. SPH Marketing partner responsibilities
- Sourcing a National Business-to-Business list of small and medium
business prospects in champion challenger mode on data sources.
- Developing multiple vertical sales scripts that are dynamic (SIC driven)
and continue to test changes for improvement.
Integrating SPH Marketing sales management data tools and providing client with
real-time transfer of all data points, including data population of appointments
on client’s sales representatives’ calendars. Making outbound calls to businesses
Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (within all time zones), which
- Verifying and qualifying data providers listed decision maker information
or probes and uncovering the true decision maker for business machines
- Benefiting statement of call to keep interest of decision maker
- Asking and recording nine sales qualification questions
- Setting date and time for face-to-face presentation
- Creating digital voice recording of customer confirming appointment date
- Monitoring calls and archiving detailed call reports for audit tracking
- Transferring appointments to approximately 1,250 sales representatives
across the country – real time, daily.
Results: Currently setting approximately 150 to 200 sales appointments PER
DAY, resulting in an estimated $25 million in sales revenue for client annually.
Request your quote right now
Business-to-Consumer Marketing Case Study
Client Overview: Fortune 100 consumer retailer attempting to increase online-
sales volume by “cross-selling” a private label credit card to its current customer
Challenge: Past direct 500,000-piece mail campaign response rates have been
higher than industry averages; however, the cost for handling the inbound 800
calls, processing, and issuing of credit cards may make future direct mail
campaigns cost prohibitive.
Solution: Looked to SPH Marketing to set up a “blended” inbound/outbound
telesales test program to increase the overall response rate and to lower the
“800” number cost per customer response. SPH Marketing partner
- Creating a “blended group” of agents to handle both inbound and
outbound calls simultaneously.
- The agents only log inbound “800” billable call center time during active
- When inbound agents are “idle,” they are immediately switched into
outbound calls mode through the SPH Marketing system.
- Developing courteous – yet persistent – outbound telesales script to call
all customers who did not respond to the mail piece.
- All calls placed utilizing predictive dialer technology.
Loading the direct-mail database into its automated telesales system to decrease
the talk time of each inbound call response. Customer data was then displayed
immediately on the SPH Marketing agents’ screen using DNIS and caller-ID
technology. This kept the average inbound response talk time down to less than
90 seconds. Monitoring calls and archiving detailed call reports for audit tracking
Results: SPH Marketing’s blended telesales technology solution continually
generates a 25% to 30% response rate for its client’s private-label credit card
program. The client has exceeded their initial campaign Return On
Investment (ROI) projections due to SPH Marketing’s exceedingly high
response rates. Moreover, these results are generated without complaints or
customer service issues from the client’s loyal customer base.
Request your quote right now